This section offers a sampling of the projects we’ve handled. Please click here to view a list of other case studies.
Marketing and communication for waste management centre
Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence is a one-stop nonprofit resource for services and expertise in sustainable management of municipal, industrial, and agricultural solid waste and wastewater. A unique public-private partnership, it offers practitioner training, research, and demonstration activities and includes one of the world’s most advanced biological wastewater treatment plants and North America’s largest co-composting plant.
EWMCE lacked awareness among its key publics including the engineering and scientific communities and the population of Edmonton. The need was to be recognized as a global leader in the development of state-of-the art knowledge, research, technology and facilities for waste management.
- As marketing manager, Kimberly Schribar created and implemented an integrated marketing and communications plan across four distinct sectors – Advisory Services, Education and Training, Technology and Development, and Research.
- She evaluated the effectiveness of information-sharing systems between staff, partners, and stakeholders (EPCOR, City of Edmonton, University of Alberta, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Alberta Innovates, and AMEC).
- She managed the development and strategic distribution of communication materials including the annual report, executive speeches, and news releases. Please click here to view a video she helped produce.
- Using trade shows, conferences, networking events and corporate citizenship efforts, she sought to raise awareness, build linkages, and position EWMCE within Alberta, Canada and internationally as a centre of excellence in all areas of waste management.
- The efforts won coverage in publications including Edmonton Sun and Ethanol Producer Magazine.
- The centre won the Image of the Year award in 2009 from Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, for excellence in promoting Edmonton and the surrounding region in a positive manner on the national or international stage.